Sign up to receive a newsletter personalized to YOUR interests. You will receive an email to confirm your choices.
Get 10% off* on your first yarn order by subscribing to the newsletter!
Release date December 8, 2023
Laine no.19, Kaolinite, celebrates the meditative nature of craftsmanship. The beautiful, serene photos were taken in a ceramics studio, and the designs offer a relaxing break from the everyday.
Designers featured in this issue: Alexandra Atepaeva, Jennifer Brou, Maxim Cyr, Ronja Hakalehto, Helga Isager, Pauliina Leisti, Agata Mackiewicz, Yukie Onodera, Marie Régnier, Jacqueline van Dillen and Veera Välimäki.
Issue 19, Winter 2024, includes:
- 148 pages
- 11 knitting patterns (diagrams and written instructions): 4 sweaters, 1 cardigan, 2 cardigans, 1 skirt, 1 shawl, 1 bonnet, 1 pair of socks.
- An interview with Japanese artist Tomomi Mimura, who uses basic darning stitches to embroider charming animal characters.
- An article on American sheep shearer Pony Jacobson, and why this age-old craft is vital to both sheep health and the textile industry.
- Jeanette Sloan's Fibre Talk: A regular feature on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Sari Monroy, a fiber artist and writer who draws inspiration from her Kaqchikel Mayan heritage.
- Five Ways from our regular editor Päivi Kankaro, who explores the skills knitters should practice to improve their brain health.
- Where I Knit: a regular feature that shows people knitting in their favorite places. In this issue, we meet Atia, who knits in her beautiful London living room.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your winter cooking
- Book reviews
Print only. No digital download code available.
What sets us apart
We offer free winding of yarn sold in hanks so you are ready to go as soon as you receive your package. Winding your yarn into cakes greatly reduces the possibility of tangles & knots. Pre-winding saves you time and we would love to do it for you!
Our program allows you to earn points with every purchase which can be applied to future purchases. Signing up is free - you just need to register your account by clicking here. As soon as you do, you will begin to earn points with every purchase.