Sign up to receive a newsletter personalized to YOUR interests. You will receive an email to confirm your choices.
Get 10% off* on your first yarn order by subscribing to the newsletter!
Release date May 5, 2023
Issue 17 of Laine Magazine - appropriately titled Here Comes the Sun - feels like the first rays of sunshine after a long winter.
The inspiring summer knits and fun, eccentric photos create a cheerful, laid-back mix with a subtle vintage twist.
Issue 17, Summer, includes:
- 11 knitting patterns (diagrams and written instructions provided)
- 4 sweaters, 3 cardigans, 1 top, 2 shawls and 1 pair of socks.
- An interview with French designer and first-time author Cinthia Vallet
- An article about an Australian sheep farmer who keeps a flock of Finnish sheep 15,000 kilometers from their home country.
- Jeanette Sloan's Fibre Talk: In this issue, she meets Lissy and Rudi Robinson-Cole, a couple who make crochet art inspired by their Māori heritage.
- Five Ways from our regular editor Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi collects expert advice on how you can start designing your own knitting patterns!
- Where I Knit: In this issue, we meet a Finnish knitter who enjoys knitting in nature.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your summer cooking: candied tomatoes, lemon mocktail and almond pavlovas.
Print only. No digital download code available.
Designers featured in this issue: Julia Disini, Rastus Hsu, Elena Solier Jansà, Pauliina Leisti, Veronika Lindberg, Marie Régnier, Jacquline Rivera, Lene Tøsti, Maija Vasala, Pope Vergara and Thea Vesterby.
What sets us apart
We offer free winding of yarn sold in hanks so you are ready to go as soon as you receive your package. Winding your yarn into cakes greatly reduces the possibility of tangles & knots. Pre-winding saves you time and we would love to do it for you!
Our program allows you to earn points with every purchase which can be applied to future purchases. Signing up is free - you just need to register your account by clicking here. As soon as you do, you will begin to earn points with every purchase.