Sign up to receive a newsletter personalized to YOUR interests. You will receive an email to confirm your choices.
Get 10% off* on your first yarn order by subscribing to the newsletter!
Estonian knitting is about techniques, embellishment and regionalism. Each knit tells a story about the knitter and his or her place of residence.
Aleks Byrd's book Traditions Revisited – Modern Estonian Knits is an introduction to Estonian knitting, both traditional and traditional-inspired.
It includes 19 patterns, ranging from mittens to sweaters, that blend seamlessly with modern knitting styles.
In addition to knitwear design, she works as an illustrator and teaches Estonian knitting techniques around the world. In her designs, tradition and Aleks’ own, graphic style meet. With her book, Aleks wants to make traditional Estonian techniques accessible to everyone while at the same time building a bridge between Estonian knitters and the international knitting community.
- 216 pages
- 19 knitting patterns (10 sweaters, 1 cardigans, 1 dress, 1 vest, 1 shawls, 1 cowl, 1 hat, 1 pair of socks, 1 fingerless mitts pattern, 1 mittens pattern)
- Detailed, illustrated tutorials for 5 traditional Estonian knitting techniques
- Both charts and written instructions provided
- Language: English
Colours may appear different from screen to screen. To achieve a uniform result, we recommend that you alternate skeins.
Need help with your project? Contact us:
- Ask your question on our Facebook group
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us to place your order or to get help at 450 744-1949
- Write to us via "chat" on our website
What sets us apart
We offer free winding of yarn sold in hanks so you are ready to go as soon as you receive your package. Winding your yarn into cakes greatly reduces the possibility of tangles & knots. Pre-winding saves you time and we would love to do it for you!
Our program allows you to earn points with every purchase which can be applied to future purchases. Signing up is free - you just need to register your account by clicking here. As soon as you do, you will begin to earn points with every purchase.