Sign up to receive a newsletter personalized to YOUR interests. You will receive an email to confirm your choices.
Get 10% off* on your first yarn order by subscribing to the newsletter!
Lizbeth Upitis is truly a master knitter, this book of extraordinarily beautiful traditional Latvian mittens, with full-color photographs of 92 mittens and 125 grids. Includes instructions for five specific mittens. Its detailed technical instructions and drawings allow us to reproduce the esoteric molded bangs, scalloped cuffs, Latvian braid and other techniques specific to these classic designs.
Instructions are provided for the following mittens:
- A child's mitt from Latgale, with mounted fringe.
- A medium-sized women's mitt with a scalloped bottom edge, from Kurzeme.
- A medium sized mitt from Latgale with numerous braid bands around the wrist.
- A men's mitt from Vidzeme with a fringed bottom edge.
- And a fully lined women's mitt from Zemgale.
The importance of mittens in Latvian culture is profound, and the historical details of the importance of mittens in wedding rites, along with the knitting songs (daina) provided by the author, are both fascinating and touching. Hardcover. In English and French.
178 patterns included in the book can be viewed on Ravelry
Colours may appear different from screen to screen. To achieve a uniform result, we recommend that you alternate skeins.
Need help with your project? Contact us:
- Ask your question on our Facebook group
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us to place your order or to get help at 450 744-1949
- Write to us via "chat" on our website
What sets us apart
We offer free winding of yarn sold in hanks so you are ready to go as soon as you receive your package. Winding your yarn into cakes greatly reduces the possibility of tangles & knots. Pre-winding saves you time and we would love to do it for you!
Our program allows you to earn points with every purchase which can be applied to future purchases. Signing up is free - you just need to register your account by clicking here. As soon as you do, you will begin to earn points with every purchase.