Sign up to receive a newsletter personalized to YOUR interests. You will receive an email to confirm your choices.
Get 10% off* on your first yarn order by subscribing to the newsletter!
Release date September 15, 2023
In issue 18 of Laine, entitled Weekend Getaway, let's take some time to relax in a little cottage by the forest. Versatile, comfortable knitwear is equally at home indoors or out, and the perfect addition to your wardrobe as the days get colder.
Issue 18, Fall 2023, includes:
- 148 pages
- 11 knitting patterns (diagrams and written instructions): 5 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 1 pullover, 1 shawl, 1 beanie and 1 pair of mittens.
- An interview with American knitwear designer and fashion historian Sydney Crabaugh, who specializes in vintage knitwear and runs her own virtual knitting school.
- An article on Shetland and its knitting traditions, with two inspiring designers - Gudrun Johnston and Mary Jane Mucklestone - as guides.
- Jeanette Sloan's Fibre Talk: a regular feature in which Jeanette chats with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Tanis "Akutuq" Simpson, whose company produces yarn from qiviut, a fiber derived from the undercoat of musk oxen.
- Five Ways, from our regular editor Päivi Kankaro, brings together expert advice on how to repair your knitwear.
- Where I Knit: a regular feature showing people knitting in their favorite places. In this issue, we meet Nora, who enjoys knitting on the roof of her home in Cologne, Germany.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your autumn cooking.
- Book reviews.
Print only. No digital download code available.
Designers featured in this issue: Jenny Ansah, Marcela Chang, Melissa Clulow, Emma Ducher, Jenna Kostet, Ksenia Naidyon, Olga Putano, Tiia Reho, Anna Sjösvärd and Julia Wilkens.
What sets us apart
We offer free winding of yarn sold in hanks so you are ready to go as soon as you receive your package. Winding your yarn into cakes greatly reduces the possibility of tangles & knots. Pre-winding saves you time and we would love to do it for you!
Our program allows you to earn points with every purchase which can be applied to future purchases. Signing up is free - you just need to register your account by clicking here. As soon as you do, you will begin to earn points with every purchase.