Sign up to receive a newsletter personalized to YOUR interests. You will receive an email to confirm your choices.
Get 15% off* on your first order by subscribing to the newsletter!
Yarn kit for Mīlēt mittens by Ysolda Teague
By Pure Laine
Stranded colourwork mittens with foldover cuffs featuring stitch patterns inspired by colourwork traditions from Norway, Estonia and Latvia.
Ribbing is worked on the inside of the cuffs for a snug fit that will keep cold winds, or snow, out. The tops are completed with rounded shaping in a star or snowflake design inspired by the tops of Fair Isle tams. A miniature version is worked on the thumbs.
These mittens are a lot of fun to make, and they will keep you busy in the afternoon sitting by the fire during the Holidays season.
The kit includes:
- The necessary amount of Lana yarn, hand-dyed by Fibre Carpe Diem (85% washable merinos and 15% nylon)
- Pattern available for purchase on Ravelry
- Needles: circular, 2.5 to 3.0mm. Please knit a swatch and adjust your needle size to obtain gauge in order to make sure that you have enough yarn to finish the project.
- Skill level: intermediate
- circumference at palm: 9” / 23cm
- length (with cuff folded): 9½” / 24cm
Care: hand wash in cold or warm water